Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Mighty Balrog

I've had this Balrog for a long time, he was one of the first models I bought for myself. I was never particularly happy with the fire though, so for my Moria army I decided to repaint him with a more 'realistic' colour scheme (with the hottest bits in the middle not at the edges!). I also changed the way I painted the body to leave a bit more contrast and I have to say I much prefer the revised version.

He has a slightly weird base as I lost the original one and made one out of an old flowerpot, but I did such a good job of sticking him down I couldn't get him free without damaging his legs so Balrog 2.0 was just glued on top of an official base for the re-paint!






And for comparison - this was his original colour scheme. 






No comments:

Post a Comment