Saturday 23 January 2016

January Update

My aim this year is to do some painting at least twice a week, and so far that seems to be working quite well - whilst I haven't turned out great volumes of work I have been much better at putting aside some time to paint.

I've been continuing to work on the Fellowship models I started before Christmas and I'm getting along fairly well with two more completed, and two basecoated - once those are finished I will finally have a full fellowship (some 15 odd years after I first acquired them!)

Legolas & Frodo are now complete - I'm very pleased with Legolas and feel that I've managed to keep him relatively well saturated this time (when I painted him previously he looked like he'd been dressed in pastels by a well meaning aunt). I'm also quite pleased with the gold detailing on his quiver & bow which I did in NMM, because I apparently don't own any gold paint. It's not perfect but  I think it's reasonably convincing.

Frodo on the other-hand I'm not very pleased with as he looks rather like someone hit him in the face. I think it's the third time I've painted this model and I still really dislike the sculpt, I may look into getting a different pose for him at some point but for now he's done. That being said, part of my dislike for this model may be because I always found Frodo a bit useless in LOTR, so maybe one of him is enough!


Boromir and Aragorn have been basecoated and washed. I'm aiming for a dark-green coat on Aragorn because I've always found the bright-green GW scheme a bit too glaring. The leather on Boromir's shield looks lovely so I'm not going to muck around with that too much but otherwise both characters are due for a lot of highlighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment