Saturday 3 November 2018

2018 - October Update



This month I painted more models that I have in the last 2 years (not a great feat admittedly!). I'm amazed how much the re-launch of the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game has rekindled my interest in my hobby and it's been wonderful to have something to relax with in the evenings after work.

On the painting side I finished  the 20 Army of the Dead from the Pelennor Fields Boxset, plus the 10 I had lurking in storage, and the King of the Dead.

Even better, I spent a few evenings knocking together a display board for them and entered the Armies on Parade competition at GW Winchester. I quite rightly failed to place with my rather last-minute entry but I was so pleased to have produced something tangible (and at least one fine person decided to give me one of their votes so I even got a shiny pin for my cabinet!)

I also put together some scatter terrain so that I we can fight over something more interesting than piles of rocks

Total achievements:

Painted: 31 Models: 30 Army of the Dead + 1 King of the Dead

Bought: 14 Models:  6 Knights of Dol Amroth, 4 Morannon Orc Commanders, Betrayer Ft & Mounted and  Suladan Ft & Mounted (and a sneaky set of measures)

No comments:

Post a Comment